&nbsp


Commissioning a Portrait

To commission a portrait I need either a large, good quality, clear photograph of your choice that captures the spirit of my subject or subjects (the eyes must always be clear and visible), or a similar clear photograph on a disc which I can use. I am equally happy to take photographs of the sitter or sitters in my own home. I always like to meet my clients personally.

The portrait takes between three weeks to two months to complete, depending on the medium and the size. If you live far from Cambridge it could be carefully packaged and posted or couriered to you, if that is more convenient. But it must be noted that if there is loss or damage caused to the portrait due to postal/courier problems, I will not be held responsible. The cost of postage, insurance and packaging would then be added to the cost of the portrait.

Prices for Portraits from a Photograph start as follows:

size (inches) - L 16" x W 12"
one subject / head and shoulders only / unframed

Pencil sketch £ 200
Charcoal/Graphite £300
Chalk pastel - Child £400
Chalk Pastel - Adult £450

Prices for Oil Portraits on stretched canvas

Children or Adults £650 upwards depending on size

Prices for all other sizes and mediums:
Portraits may be requested in sizes larger than 16” x 12” in any medium, with either one, or more than one subject. Prices for larger sizes are still very reasonable. The cost of the portrait depends on each individual commission, so please feel free to contact me and I will provide you with a specific quote.